Ideal for protecting a cracked tooth or covering up discoloration, crowns at Ricafort Dental can be a great solution for improving your smile. A crown is a tooth shaped cap that fits over a problem tooth to improve strength, size and appearance.
The crown procedure is simple:
- First we will anesthetize the area. Once completely numb, the tooth is filed down so that the crown fits appropriately.
- Some crowns can be made right in our office. Instead of making an impression for the laboratory, we make a digital impression which goes right to our computer. Through an in-house milling unit aporcelain crown is made and seated on the same day!
- Some crowns have to be made in a dental laboratory. If this is needed then, we will take an impression of the tooth to use in the construction of the crown. The impressions are sent away to a dental laboratory to create your crown. Meanwhile, we apply a sturdy temporary crown over the problem tooth while your permanent crown is manufactured. Once your permanent crown is ready, you will come back to Ricafort Dental and the crown will be permanently seated. Now you have a bright, healthy-looking new tooth!
Crown placement can offer several benefits:
- Long term durability
- Protection from further decay, infection and cracking
- Improved chewing and talking
- An improved, natural and healthier smile
Don’t wait another day, call Ricafort Dental at (615) 890-0474