DENTAL BRIDGES: PROCEDURE & ADVANTAGES
A dental bridge is a long-lasting solution to replacing lost teeth. Dental bridges are made of three or more porcelain crowns fused together to replace missing teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, bridges are permanent and cannot be removed.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
- First, you are given a local anesthetic to eliminate any pain. The teeth on either side of the missing space are then shaped to receive a crown.
- An impression of your teeth is made so that your dental bridge can be accurately made by a dental laboratory and fit you perfectly.
- You are fitted with a temporary bridge to protect your gums and teeth while the permanent one is being crafted.
- In your next appointment, the temporary bridge is removed and your permanent bridge is seated. Once it’s correctly fitted, it is permanently bonded into place.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Offer a natural, healthy appearance and are cosmetically appealing
- Can be applied in only two office visits
- Are more permanent and secure than traditional dentures
- Help regain natural speaking and chewing ability
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Colored to perfectly match the shade of your other teeth
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth, worry no more. Ricafort Dental can help you regain your lost smile today! Call us at (615) 890-0474 to see if you’re a candidate for dental bridges.