White Composite Fillings
Composite amalgam fillings are an excellent alternative to silver amalgam fillings. Composite fillings are tooth colored and our team at Ricafort Dental can shade them accordingly to create a perfect match, giving you a beautiful, white smile!
BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE WHITE FILLINGS
- Cosmetic Aesthetics: These fillings are created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes
THE WHITE FILLING PROCESS
- The tooth is prepared to remove decay
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure
- The material is hardened by focusing intense ultraviolet light on it for about a few seconds
- The filling is now complete and you have a bright, natural-looking new tooth!
Your filling brightness can be maintained by simply practicing good oral hygiene and avoiding staining food and drinks such as coffee, soda, tea, etc. For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call your Murfreesboro dentist and let us rejuvenate your smile!